You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Pages of Tragedy. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 8th 2010, 8:42pm

Questions to the band members

Do you have a question to any of the band members you would like to ask that was never asked before?
Post it here and the band will answer it.

Oh, and please stay on-topic. No questions or comments regarding other posts.

Love is more than simply being open to experiencing the anguish of another person's suffering.
It is the willingness to live with the helpless knowing that we can do nothing to save the other from his pain.

AshMcAuliffe

Revolution

Monday, March 8th 2010, 8:49pm

Ray - What would you hail as being your biggest musical achievement?
Which of the 2 electro albums are you the most proud of?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "AshMcAuliffe" (Mar 10th 2010, 4:15pm)

Monday, March 8th 2010, 9:02pm

To Raymond: Which of your lyrics are you most ashamed of in retrospect? (And why?)
(>o.o)><(o.o<)^(o.o)^v(o.o)v

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 12:26am

To the band in general : As a huge fan of Storm, and seeing several different philosophies within the Storm, what was the main approach to the lyrics - was philosophy a primary influence on the music?

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 9:46am

To each band member: Out of the entire ToT back catalogue, what is your favourite song and why?

soulburner

Revolution

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 9:49am

To the band in general: the "loudness war" makes modern records sound very bad. Flat, lifeless, sometimes even weird or full of errors (FiTW is clipping like crazy!). What do you think about this issue? Are you aware of how much it destroyed the music on your recent albums? Or are you one of the people who honestly believe louder is better?

//I would love to hear/read opinions on that issue from as many band members as possible, not just Hein ;)

Anastasia

Transition

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 4:21pm

to each:
Tell us about plans on future. What jobs do you have? Can we hope to hear your participation in music further? If no, what will happen to your instrument, will you sell it?
Do you want your children to be musicians?
What, in your opinion, will happen to gothic metal genre over 10 years?

gazupnt

Hollow

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 8:09pm

Are they going to create some video? The last album.

Ambrosius

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 12:59am

Care to collaborate on some other project sometime?
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 3:46am

Mainly to Nell: which lyrics on FITW were actully written by who? Listening to you singing on it really gives the impression you're saying very personal things all the time, it's really hard to tell what was written by others due to your interpretation, which sounds like all the things you're singing come from your own heart.
"You can still reunite some day....
How about Oct. 3rd?
"
[ Mommy ]

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 3:34pm

To Raymond: how did you manage to learn Early Modern English?
When thou thy tears hast hidden,
"Come back!" thou sayest - There I soon am to be
But how am I to run when my bones, my heart, thou hast me bereaft?

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 4:13pm

Can I ask more than 1 question? ?(

To Nell: will you continue your musician career in The Crest? what are the plans for the band?

To everyone: what were your main inspirations in the albums Musique, Assembly and Storm?

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 5:55pm

Why they chose "Theatre of Tragedy" as name of the band?

Greetings from Veracruz; México.

Anastasia

Transition

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 5:57pm

(to anyone)
Tell please how you all met Nell
Would be also very interesting how you met Liv, but of course you may leave this question without answer if you wish. But it would be interesting.

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 6:01pm

I have another one, to anyone this time (maybe Vegard, he's neither been in the Aégis production nor was there any question for him up to now):

Why do you think most people appreciate Aégis so much (and which of all the albums you've recorded is your favorite)?
(>o.o)><(o.o<)^(o.o)^v(o.o)v

GoldhamsterOfDeath

Most Evil Admin

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 12:55pm

To Vegard: what does the K in your name stand for?
Don't worry. I don't have low self esteem. It's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else. (Daria Morgendorffer)

Mutilya

Hollow

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 9:12pm

Yesterday at the Theatre of Tragedy gig in fenix, sittard (NL) we noticed that Nell and Raymond were pretty close.. :whistling:
We wondered if they had a relationship or something!? :D

Friday, March 19th 2010, 10:58pm

@ the band: what music influenced Theatre of Tragedy at the very beginning? (like did you know about bands like My Dying Bride?)
@ Raymond: are ''Fair and 'Guiling Copesmate Death'', ''Bring Forth ye Shadow'', ''Der Tanz der Schatten'' and ''A Rose for the Dead'' about vampires? (they only make sense to me that way:))
''A dotard gaffer, I daresay...''

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 1:17am

@ the band: what music influenced Theatre of Tragedy at the very beginning? (like did you know about bands like My Dying Bride?)
@ Raymond: are ''Fair and 'Guiling Copesmate Death'', ''Bring Forth ye Shadow'', ''Der Tanz der Schatten'' and ''A Rose for the Dead'' about vampires? (they only make sense to me that way:))

May I add also The Masquerader And Phoenix?
"You can still reunite some day....
How about Oct. 3rd?
"
[ Mommy ]

Location: ex-slavyanophil risen from the dead after the Site Crash

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 5:41pm

To the band:
Recently You've produced some new remixes and alternative versions of ToT's songs (new ones).
Why hadn't you record some old (I mean 1995-2002) songs with Nell's vocals?
Fans would have a chance to listen to them everywhere, not only on your concerts or by watching videos from your shows with the new vocalist. It would be very interesting! Nell's singing is very special, she brings new (better to say, another) personal things/moments to the songs recorded with Liv.